What Is a Healthy Weight?
Many people struggle to maintain a healthy weight. In fact, 1 in 3 of Americans is considered obese. But the question remains, what is a healthy weight and most importantly, how do I get there and stay there? Your Body Mass Index (BMI) is a good way to figure out what your healthy weight should be. The chart below shows you the categories of underweight, normal weight, overweight and obese.
BMI Healthy Weight:
|30.0 and Above||Obese|
To calculate your BMI click here:
How Do I Get to the Right Weight?
There are two things that you must do to lose weight
- Eat right. Eat less fast food, sodas, and processed foods. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
Get good protein and plenty of fiber.
Limit salt, sugar, and fat.
Be careful with your portions
Schedule an appointment with your doctor about how many calories you should consume per day to lose weight. For men, it is generally 1800 and for women, it is 1500.
- Move more. Our lifestyles can be short on exercise, playing, or just moving enough to burn the fuel we take in. to keep track of your physical activity https://www.cdc.gov/healthyweight/pdf/physical_activity_diary_cdc.pdf
- At least 30 minutes of walking every day. (You’ll likely need even more than that to lose weight).
- Add muscle strengthening at least twice a week.
- Add ordinary movement to that, as well, to burn calories throughout the day. For example, park far from entrances to get those extra steps in.