Alcohol and your health
Drinking too much alcohol increases a person’s risk of injury, violence, drowning, liver disease and some cancers. If you are drinking too much, you can improve your health by cutting back or quitting.
Here are some strategies to help you cut back or stop drinking:
- Limit your drinking to no more than 1 drink a day for women or 2 drinks a day for men
- Keep track of how much you drink
- cut down or quit by choosing a day of the week when you will not drink
- Don’t drink when you are upset and/or stressed
- Ask for support from your doctor, a friend, or someone else you trust