At NextLevel Health, we want you to continue getting the health care coverage you need. We want to make sure you don’t lose your benefits. To continue getting services from NextLevel Health, Members need to renew their coverage every year! This process is called Redetermination.
How do I renew my Medicaid eligibility?
- You may receive a Medical Renewal Form by mail from the Department of Healthcare and Family Services (HFS).
- When you get your form, fill it out and find all the supporting documents (sometimes referred to as “proofs”) it asks for.
- Send your completed form with all of your supporting documents back by mail, fax or e-mail to HFS.
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 19138, Springfield, IL 62763
Fax Number: 844-736-3563
- Be sure to sign and return your form by the due date. You can find the due date on your form.
How often do I need to renew my Medicaid benefits?
You only need to renew your Medicaid benefits every 12 months.
What information do I need to renew my benefits?
To renew your benefits, you must have:
- Social Security Numbers (or document numbers for legal immigrants who need insurance).
- Employer and income information for you and everyone in your family. This includes pay stubs, W-2 forms, or wage and tax statements.
- Policy numbers for your current health insurance.
- Information about job-related insurance available to you and your family.
What happens after I report my income?
The form will be processed and you will hear back from HFS within 1-2 weeks. You will get instructions from HFS on the next steps to complete the renewal process.
If you do not hear back within 2 weeks, call the Medicaid Management Unit Hotline at (708) 957-8352 or
What if I didn’t report my income in time and I lost my benefits?
If you did not report your income before your Medicaid Renewal deadline, you will get a termination letter from HFS. The termination letter will tell you that you no longer get Medicaid benefits.
You have 90 days from the day you get your termination letter to renew your Medicaid benefits. See “How do I renew my Medicaid eligibility?” above to find out how to renew your benefits.
If you do not submit your Medicaid Redetermination paperwork in the 90 days after your Medicaid Renewal deadline, you will no longer be eligible to go through the Medicaid Redetermination process. You must re-apply for Medicaid benefits.
What if my Medicaid benefits were ended by mistake?
If you think your benefits were ended by mistake, you can ask HFS to review their termination decision. This is called an appeal. You can find out how to appeal by calling the Medicaid Management Unit Hotline at
(708) 957-8352 or (312) 793-2152. Your eligibility and other important information will be explained to you.
I receive waiver services and missed my Medicaid renewal date. What should I do?
Contact your Care Manager and Waiver Services Coordinator right away. Changes to your Medicaid coverage may impact how you get your needed health services.
What if I don’t qualify for Medicaid and still need help?
You may qualify for other health insurance. The Health Insurance Marketplace is a great way to get health insurance for less. To learn more about Marketplace, go to www.Healthcare.gov or call (800) 318-2596.
What should I do if my income changes?
If your income changes at any time, you must report this to HFS within 10 days.
Changes of income can include the following:
- One-time gifts or payments
- Change in hourly wage or salary
- Change in full-time or part-time status
- Gain or loss of employment
If you need help renewing your benefits or have any questions call HFS at 1-855-458-4945 (TTY: 1-855-694-5458). If you have any questions about your current benefits or need in person assistance filling out your forms call NextLevel Health at 833-ASK-NLHP (833-275-6547) TTY: Illinois Relay 711
Thank you for being a valued Member!